Are you aged 16-22?
Do you live, work or study in the Bradford district (postcodes BD1-BD22, and LS29)?
Do you want to learn and build new skills?
Do you want to make decisions and gain insight into how major arts events are planned and delivered?
Join our youth panel
Bradford 2025 is one of the biggest year-long celebrations of the arts and culture in the whole of Europe; and the biggest UK City of Culture ever.
Bradford is the UK’s youngest city, and we want to ensure that voices of the district’s young people are at the heart of our thinking and decision-making as we shape what we do for Bradford 2025.
We are now recruiting 15-20 young people to join a new Youth Panel. You don’t need any experience – just an interest and enthusiasm to be part of Bradford’s year-long celebration; and to want to show what a unique and special place Bradford is.
As part of the Youth Panel you will:
- Meet 6-8 times per year
- Help shape and plan a range of activities right across our artistic programme, education and training work, audience engagement and beyond
- Attend skills-building workshops and masterclasses from some of the UK’s, and the world’s, leading artists and creative professionals
- Have the opportunity to join the Bradford 2025 Board of Trustees – the group of experts who support and scrutinise our work, and make sure we meet our goals; as well as the board’s sub-committees overseeing topics like: communications, creative programming and education.
- Visit arts and cultural venues across the UK.
It’s also an opportunity to:
- Meet new people
- Build your CV
- Attend arts and culture events and experience Bradford 2025 from behind-the-scenes
Group members will also receive high-street vouchers as a thank-you, for each session attended. Bradford 2025 will also support travel and food costs for attendance and accommodation, where necessary.
How to apply
All information about the opportunity and what it entails can be found in the Terms of Reference. We encourage you to read this document before you apply.
To apply, please fill out the below application form by Friday 15 December and send it to [email protected] with the subject ‘Youth Panel’.
You can submit a short video or audio clip instead of the written form if you would prefer – just respond to the same questions. Don’t worry about making it technically perfect – we’re interested in you, and your voice and ideas.
Please also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring form. All your answers are totally anonymised and cannot be linked to you in any way; but it helps us to understand our current reach across Bradford’s communities.
If you have any questions about the application, or would like further support, email [email protected] and one of our team will get back to you to arrange a time to speak.
We know the deadline for this is short and the recruitment will be in two stages, to ensure we have applications from identities and geographical areas that were less well represented in the first round.