Bradford is looking for a Chair for a Place Marketing and Investment Advisory Board, to enhance the district’s ability to promote itself as a great place to live, visit, work, invest in and study.
The role has a tenure of 3-years with potential for further extension. The salary is unremunerated. The role is expected to take around 1 to 2 days a month.
Responsibilities of the role
- To chair around 8 advisory board meetings a year, ensuring the highest standards of governance and good board practice.
- To provide strategic support for the Place Marketing and Investment Partnership.
- To support the Head of Place Marketing, ideally in a mentoring role.
- To help represent and champion Bradford locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
- To encourage all the organisations represented on the board, and other partners, to work collaboratively in the wider interests of the city.
- To ensure that the relationship between the advisory board and Bradford Council is strong and constructive.
- To ensure that the Destination Management Plan is delivered effectively by the Place Marketing and Investment team.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience
- An affinity with and a passion for Bradford.
- NED experience.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking.
- Good connections and a strong ‘contacts’ book.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Political and negotiation skills.
- Marketing and commercial knowledge.
- An understanding of and commitment to the Nolan Principles of Public Life.
- An understanding of Bradford’s aspirations and ambitions.
- A positive, ‘can do’ personality.
Send a covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) explaining why you want this role and outlining how your experience meets the person specification along with a summary of your CV and career to date. Applications can also be sent in alternative formats such as audio or film (5 mins max).
Please send your application (covering note and CV) to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 8th July 2022.
For further information on this post, please contact: