In December 2020, NUI Galway and Galway Chamber launched a ‘Joining the Dots’ report focusing on the Galway-Mayo region, which highlighted the deep historical links to the Leeds-Bradford region and identified clusters in MedTech, digital and creative industries as having the most potential to develop regional partnerships.
Don’t miss this hybrid event hosted by Galway Chamber and opened by British Ambassador to Ireland, Paul Johnston, during his official visit to Galway. It will focus on Galway’s experience as European Capital of Culture 2020 in dialogue with the bid team for Bradford 2025 UK City of Culture and Leeds 2023 City of Culture team. It will also explore how culture and creative industries drive regional development.
- H.E. Paul Johnston – British Ambassador to Ireland
- Cllr Susan Hinchcliffe – Leader of Bradford Council
- Kersten England – Chief Executive of Bradford Council
- Marilyn Gaughan-Reddan – Head of Legacy, Galway 2020
- Emma Beverley – Executive Producer, Leeds City of Culture 2023
- Gillian Buckley – Investment Manger Western Development Commission and Founder/ Board Member CREW
- Shanaz Gulzar– Chair, Bradford UK City of Culture 2025